Hudson Bay House in London, 1924

1 Lime Street, London, England, circa 1924.  One year later (1925), to mark the 255th anniversary of the Company, Beaver House was opened in Great Trinity Lane on Garlick Hill, combining administrative offices with the fur auction rooms and warehouse. In 1940 Head Office was also relocated to Beaver House from Hudson Bay House. Beaver House remained the official headquarters of the HBC until the relocation to Canada in 1970. (Photo courtesy of NAFA)